Your roof is a vital feature that protects your entire family while keeping your home safe from all kinds of severe weather, falling debris, and critters. So it goes without saying that maintaining it regularly is a must if you want it to keep doing its job.
Luckily, roofs tend to last very long, provided that they are properly taken care of. Since your trusted Arlington Heights IL roofers care about your family’s well-being, we’re here to give you a few pointers that will help you maintain a highly-functioning roof over your head for many years to come!
Pay attention to these important dos & don’ts of preventative residential roof maintenance.
- Clean your gutters. Not only will this keep your gutter system perfectly functioning, but it will also prolong the lifespan of your roof.
- Schedule regular roof inspections. Don’t attempt to do it yourself. Some jobs are simply best left to the professionals who are thoroughly familiar with the ins and outs of every type of roof.
- Trim large tree branches around your property. Sure, they might provide you with a much-needed shade over the summer, but come winter, they can be a serious threat by constantly slamming into your roof.
- Perform a visual inspection of your roof. Safely from the ground, inspect for missing or loose shingles, and check for any signs of deterioration. By doing regular visual check-ups, you are likely to spot minor issues on time and prevent them from becoming a more severe problem down the road.
- Make sure to keep your roof clean of debris, leaves, and tree limbs. Not only will this make your roof look more aesthetically pleasing, but it also ensures a longer lifespan for your roofing system.
- Forget to remove moss. While moss might seem relatively harmless to some homeowners, it can actually cause serious damage to your roofing system as it absorbs moisture.
- Leave your attic unattended. Your attic is a fantastic indicator of the state of your roof. If you are able to see daylight through the boards or if there are highly visible water stains, it’s time to call your experts at Revived Exteriors ASAP.
- Neglect to check your roof after a storm or any type of severe weather. Your roof’s primary purpose is sheltering you from storms. So, in their aftermath, don’t neglect to check if it’s still fully-functioning or in need of repairs.
- Forget to check your roof’s ventilation. It’s important that your roof is properly ventilated and able to breathe. That way, it can successfully prevent ice dams from forming and causing unnecessary moisture.
- Put off roof maintenance until you notice a problem. By the time it catches your eye, it might already be too late. The longer you put it off, the more dangerous it can become. Your roof is the first line of defense against the outside elements, and as such it deserves to move up your priority list.
What Can We Help You With?
Revived Exteriors is a licensed and insured Arlington Heights IL residential roofing company, and when working with us, you are working with the leading industry experts. We are highly professional and dedicated, so your property is always safe and protected when we are on site.
We will take care of your residential roofing system from top to bottom. We are just a phone call away, so feel free to contact us with any questions or to schedule your free inspection!